Sunday, May 25, 2014

Listening to Ghosts

I'm used to talking to Spirits;
I call on them almost daily.
Those I've known and Loved ...
Who loved me and had to Go

But the Other day ...
Amidst a Culmination of different Challenges
In my Life,

I Saw a Ghost.

A Ghost of a Little Girl, not yet Dead.

Its been over a week now,
And I still can't shake the feeling
That this was one of those Moments
So rarely Presented, even more Rarely
Recognized ...
When all the worlds in this Universe Converge ...
We are Gifted the Knowledge of What Is ....

If I wasn't supposed to stop the Inevitable,
Then What?
What am I supposed to Surmise from this;
This Marker of such Rising in my own Life?

*****

For F.N.W.

I saw you.
I saw your ghost;
The ghost of you preceded your dreadful death

And I feel a hole in my heart
From your passing.

How did I miss what you needed from us?
You were surrounded by people, including myself,
who should have been able to help.

How did I let your life simply pass me by?
'...Wasn't school in [that] day...?'

A ghost of another boy across the street;
Wondering the neighborhood somewhat out of place,
should have alerted me that something was
wrong ...

Something terribly wrong was coming for you.
I saw you,
And knew you were out of place, yourself.
I smiled at you, walked right past you;
Too busy with the challenges before me.

Something terrible took you;
And something larger than life has gained my attention ...

(c)2014jsblankenship

No comments: