Saturday, January 4, 2014

"... The Last Day of Our Aquaintance ..."

All But for a Power Cord
Waking up with you Once Again
A Simple pleasure Shared by so many
But refrained by you So Often. 

This Simple kind of night
Rarely Spent between You and I
It felt almost sacrad  

And We didn't even fuck ...

I came over prepared to stay the Night with you. 
(Ever)Waiting, hoping for an Invitation,
Nevercoming, I told you I would like to Stay. 

You Sounded excited and even Glad that I did. 

**** How can I have existed with You in and out
Of my life for nearly 6 years and Never known
How to read you?

******** Because You never let me Truly know you
Your Walls so High,
Your Walls so Thick -- At times, Inpenetratable --
That, Now Looking Back, you appeared
As an empty shell.

**** But to be Near you, in the Quiet,
When you couldn't be still ...
It was obvious that you were the Opposite of Empty ...
You were always too Full -- Top Heavy with a Head
Full of Worry and Fear
Your Heart Full of Pain, guilt and Fog ...

******** Maybe my insecurities weren't really
From your rejection. 
Perhaps they were originated from a Longing
To tap those Vital organs and Release you
As you had released Me,
And realizing, in the End, that I could not. 

**** The only One strong enough to do That
-- As it should be in Every Life --
Was You. 

And so it was on this Last Morning in your home,
Alone with the dogs;
You already at work ...
I needed to Charge my phone. 

You always told me that your house was mine, that you Held no Secrets,
That I knew you Better than Anyone ...

Not Finding the Right Cord in all the Usual places,

I finally Looked in your bedside drawer,
And there it was. 
The preverbial Straw over this Thirsting Camel's back ...
An Empty Condom Wrapper

It took a Long moment to Process what it was
And what it Meant

And only a Second to be So Done
That it was Value-Less to bring it up to question you. 

The next 2 Days were filled with Pitiful sadness and Longing. 
And then I Never saw you again. 

(C)2014jsblankenship

No comments: