Friday, June 1, 2012

The Secrets in Silence

I Talk I Talk and I Talk and I Talk .............. I Talk. And just like this redundant opening, Perhaps, I actually SAY Very Little ... Very Little Indeed .... I do come by my loquaciosness Honestly enough From the DNA of my Mother. I have a funny memory that always brings a warm smile to my face Of the Christmas morning that I received my first voice recorder. I was about 9 or 10. It was a real nice model, very professional looking, which gave me a feeling of pride for I knew that 1) my Dad must have helped pick it out because he was so big into music and felt that things should sound just right; and 2) that he did indeed respect me for the things that I liked. ( I was way too serious and analytical, much much too early in life and some habits are very hard to break) I think the nicest part of the gifting of that voice recorder wasn't the and Dad had taken time to record their own special message for me on the first cassette. (This was about in 1974 or '75 so cassettes were really very new from what I can remember. Out were the groovy old 8Tracks!) I wish I had that cassette today ... Dad's message was the nerdy old " ... Now, here's Dear Ole Dad teaching you how to properly make a good voice recording ... Hold the mic blah-blah inches from your mouth ..." But Mother's message was hilarious! (Yes, I'm coming back around to my point of how I came to talk too much ...) She gave this soliloquy about how she-didn't-agree-with-how-everyone-said-she-talked-too-much-and-didn't-know-why-everyone-said-that-she-talked-too-much-and-that-she-really-had-no-idea-on god's-green-earth-why-everyone-did-tend-to-think-that-she-talked-too-much. Whew ... ! So ... I am considering Becoming Quiet. I want to Discover What I can Learn Being Quiet. I want to Learn The Secrets, The Jewels, if you will, in Silence.

No comments: