Monday, February 14, 2011

My First Valentine

As I lay here in the dark
Gently Aware of the Leaving that is Taking Place
The leaving of that Same Awareness of my Body into sleep,
I am saddened, only slightly, by the parallel of the Leaving of my Father
from this Earth into his Journey Home to Heaven.

I wonder, as I drift, ... Was he as Aware of his passing into Spirit
as I am of my Settling into Sleep?
The Brief, but almost Psychedelically elongated, Time
that we Shared together, when revisited today, Seems as if He did.
That we both were Aware of this Special Communion We floated in.

And as I settle too into the Space of Oneness
I am at Peace, albeit Lonely ... wishing I wasn't missing my Heart's Love ...
I realize that my FIRST Valentine is Forever gone ....
The first man to ever Love me and share the Sweetness of this day with me

Has gone to be with His true Love ... And nothing but a smile sends me to my Rest.

(c)2011jsblankenship

No comments: