Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Beauty of the Leaving ....

"I'm just so tired of asking those people for help!", he cried.


I know Poppa, but they are family too. Call them and they'll take you to the ER.


"I don't know what I'd do if you hadn't been here"


Where else would I be?


"Everybody's gotta do it, If this is my time, I want you to know that I'm so proud of you and I love you so much."


I love you, too, Daddy. And I'm proud to be your daughter. I always have been.


"I'm so tired of this..."


I know you are ....


('I don't have anything to wear to a funeral.)


Thank you for trusting me Poppa.


"I do, Honey"


"Don't forget what I've told you ... just love them, though everthing ... even the hard times ... just let them know that you love them."


Thank you, Dad.


"I'm so glad y'all are here. I can rest better knowing you are here with me."


Where else would we be?


"You decide ... I'll do what you think is best."


(Please God, be in Me AS me so that I make the right decisions for his Care, his Comfort and his Peace ... and help me to make him Happy)


"Doctor, please forgive her, she got her stubbornness from me ... but she's gone way past what I ever was!! And I know she was like that today because she Loves me."


"I would do the same thing, Mr. B", supported the doctor as he came across the room to hug me tightly.


(It was his Resident, Dr. Twelve-Year-Old, that I ripped to shreds earlier that day when he attempted to discharge Dad prematurely and 'irresponsibly'.)


Goodnight, Poppa, I love you. I hated to wake you. You were sleeping so peaceful but I hated not to say Goodnight.


"Night, Baby. I'm so comfortable. Thank you. I love you, too."


"I feel so good today! I at a big breakfast, and it was so good! I'm ready to get a shower, shave and get up and Do something!"


I'll see you in just a little while. I love you.


...............................


"Lisa, something is real wrong. If anything else happens, You've got to tell my girls that I love them."


I'm sorry you couldn't fully go right away, But I'm glad you finally got to see Momma, and the Chariots from the Red Sea ... and Johnnie. Thank you for everything, Daddy. I think that my tent is pitched in a real good place. I'm going to be okay.


(c)2011jsblankenship

1 comment:

Gulland said...

I am so thankful that I knew him, respected him and laughed with him. He was the Southern Gentleman I hope to become.

Peace to you, my friend.